Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wedding Dreams/Nightmares...Literally

Last night I had my first wedding dream/nightmare. It took place in a house my family was renting, which looked very similar to my FH's dad's house, we were all getting ready and as I was getting ready and putting on my dress, I noticed that it wasn't my actual real life non dream dress, but a brown slip dress that in my dream, I was very disappointed about.

Then the house started flooding because there was a monsoon outside and I was running around the house in a panic looking for everyone. And then, the kicker of the dream, my Uncle Jimmy, my godfather, walked out of the kitchen to calm me down and talk about life and the wedding.

The freaky part of this dream is that my Uncle Jimmy passed away a few years ago, but even in my dream, it was so comforting to see him again that everything else didn't seem to matter. I don't have an opinion as to whether those who have passed visit you, but it was still nice to talk to him, even if it was just a figment of my imagination.

If these dreams are going to start this early (15 months till wedding), you bet I'm keeping a log. I have a dream book at home and am going to look up some of this symbolism, the flood, passed relatives, weird colored dresses...

No comments: