Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Job Dilemma

I know that other brides-to-be have struggled through career related decisions/crises while engaged and though I didn't think it would happen to me, it has. I thought I was in a good career place when I got engaged. I had just gotten a big promotion at work and a new boss 6 months prior to engagement. Well, the new boss got fired, the founder/president has turned into a full-on egomaniac and they hired someone senior to me who only has one more year job experience. And today, to add insult to injury, I was completely humiliated in front of all of my peers by being overlooked completely by the executive director.

So now the question is, do I stay? And kind of coast in a position of relative comfort but guaranteed aggravation depending on my ability to Zen it out day to day? Or do I leave for (possibly and as yet undetermined) greener pastures in a time of economic crisis? The year before my wedding when everything is sure to hit the fan? Ugh.

No comments: