Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bronx Beat

At some point I was going to go into detail ad nausea about all of the places we considered for the reception/party. If you grow up in the Bronx, when you get married, you used to be contractually obligated to have your wedding at one of a string of catering halls on Shore Road in New Rochelle. I won't name names, you know who you are. We went one afternoon, right after the Botanical Gardens broke my heart (damn you abigail kirsch).

I can't really summarize how each experience was more horrible and not us as the one before. I can ask you to watch this video and imagine these women planning your wedding. Or, even better, their husbands, with pinky rings, offering you "top shelf liquor, your johnny walker, your johnny walker black"



skip to 2:42 when she talks about her husband...it's funny