Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Importance of Delegating

Delegating tasks is the biggest favor a bride can do for herself. I cannot imagine doing everything that I have asked other people to do.

At first, friends would offer to do things and I would shoo them away…'no, of course not, don’t be silly'

Now I don’t even ask, I just mention something that needs to be done, someone offers to help and away we go.

However, the flip side to delegating is when you see a finished product and it isn’t what you thought it would be, you need to just LET THE F GO. You gave it up to someone else and they did with it what they thought was best.

For example, the fact that the welcome bags will have paper weights in them. Not something that I would pick for welcome bags, but then again, I don’t have to put together welcome bags. Now the tricky part…controlling my snide comments, “who the f is going to want to carry a paperweight in their luggage when they go home?”

And our seating charts are DONE. I danced, high fived, screamed and celebrated with some two-buck chuck. That’s definitely one of the things that people told me would be hard and was hard. No wedding myth there.

No comments: